Computer Graphics Applications
Modeling Software for Fluid Flow and Thermodynamics Calculations
- Goal: Create different meshing algorithms, that allow for Fluid Flow and Thermodynamics calculations on various shapes
- Work included:
- Developed and optimized algorithms that take a given geometry and convert them in a tetrahedral mesh using 3rd party products such as OpenCascade and Netgen.
- Designed and implemented algorithms to add a thin prism layer before the inner volume is converted into a tetrahedral mesh, the thin layer is required for fluid calculations.
- The tetrahedral/prism layer project was implemented in C++ using Visual Studio 2008 following object oriented methodologies.
- Designed and implemented algorithms to create a polyhedral mesh from a tetrahedral mesh. In certain geometries concave polyhedral cells or faces can be the result from the conversion, these concavities were dealed with through complex splitting algorithms that allowed to split effected cells and faces and create convex cells as an end result.
- The programming language that was used to implement these algorithms was Python in combination with PyScripter.
- Both products were clean and logically implemented, tested, optimized, well commented and documented.